Malay Heritage Centre
Bringing together heritage and youth volunteerism, Youth Corps Singapore is partnering with National Heritage Board (NHB), providing an opportunity for the youths to cultivate great bonding with the children through their shared heritage experience at Malay Heritage Centre. Through the event, the youth will be able to broaden their perspectives about the children from underprivileged backgrounds. On top of that, this event also serves as a platform for youths to gain knowledge about Singapore’s heritage.
Volunteer Befriender (VB): 15, 17 March
● To buddy the beneficiaries, befriend them and have conversations with them during the day’s activities which include the Craft Activity and Gallery Tour
● Ensure the beneficiaries have an enjoyable day
● Assist the Volunteer Coordinators (VCs) in the day’s activities where needed
● 17 March: 32
● 15 March: 32
Volunteer Coordinator (VC): 15,17 March
● To create and ensure a positive volunteering experience for the Volunteer Befrienders (VBs) and enjoyable day for the beneficiaries
● Together with a fellow VC, you will guide and lead your group of VBs and beneficiaries in the Craft Activity and Gallery Tour in the museum.
● During the Gallery Tour, you are required to deliver the museum artefact content in a fun and engaging manner to pique the interest and encourage conversations between the VBs and beneficiaries. Script and helpful information will be provided during the Orientation & Training session. Museum Guides will also be present during the Orientation & Training session to provide guidance and feedback.
● Attend a compulsory Orientation and Training on Saturday, 3 March 2018 from 9.00am to 3.30pm at Malay Heritage Centre
● Come prepared to lead your VBs on designated event day from 8.00am to 2.30pm at Malay Heritage Centre
● 17 March: 7
● 15 March: 19
Social Media Volunteer(SMV): 15 March
As an SMV, you will be involved in photojournalism on the go - documenting the event and capturing the heartfelt moments. Using your own mobile device, take and post photographs, short videos and IGstories with captions. You will also be managing the event Instagram account that will be pre-created for you, and uploading all the photos to YCS' Google Drive post-event for our records.
- 15 March: 2