Volunteer Befriender (VB): 10, 16, 17 March
● To buddy the beneficiaries, befriend them and have conversations with them during the day’s activities which include the Craft Activity and Gallery Tour
● Ensure the beneficiaries have an enjoyable day
● Assist the Volunteer Coordinators (VCs) in the day’s activities where needed
Come ready to befriend the seniors on designated event day at The Peranakan Museum. More details will be provided to successful applicants nearer the date.
● 17 March: 30
● 16 March: 37
● 10 March: 32
Volunteer Coordinator (VC): 10, 16, 17 March
● To create and ensure a positive volunteering experience for the Volunteer Befrienders (VBs) and enjoyable day for the beneficiaries
● Together with a fellow VC, you will guide and lead your group of VBs and beneficiaries in the Craft Activity and Gallery Tour in the museum.
● During the Gallery Tour, you are required to deliver the museum artefact content in a fun and engaging manner to pique the interest and encourage conversations between the VBs and beneficiaries. Script and helpful information will be provided during the Orientation & Training session. Museum Guides will also be present during the Orientation & Training session to provide guidance and feedback.
● Attend a compulsory Orientation and Training on Saturday, 3 March 2018 from 9.00am to 3.30pm at The Peranakan Museum
● Come prepared to lead your VBs on the designated event day at The Peranakan Museum
● 17 March: 3
● 16 March: 2
● 10 March: 16
Social Media Volunteer(SMV): 10, 16, 17 March
As an SMV, you will be involved in photojournalism on the go - documenting the event and capturing the heartfelt moments. Using your own mobile device, take and post photographs, short videos and IGstories with captions. You will also be managing the event Instagram account that will be pre-created for you, and uploading all the photos to YCS' Google Drive post-event for our records.
Come prepared to snap away on designated event day at The Peranakan Museum.
● 17 March: 2
● 16 March: 2
● 10 March: 2