SILVER GENERATION AMBASSADORS
You will conduct house visits to seniors to:
- - Explain government schemes and policies relevant to seniors’ needs such as Community Health Assist Scheme (CHAS), MediShield Life and Enhancement for Active Seniors (EASE), and help to apply for assistance, where needed.
- - Connect them to health and social services, and activities in the community.
We are looking for individuals with the following volunteer traits and skills:
- - Passionate to serve the seniors
- - Ability to listen with empathy
- - Basic English and computer literacy, ability to speak Mother Tongue and/or dialects a plus!
- - Willingness to learn
- - High level of commitment
SGO provides our volunteers with continuous learning opportunities as well as strong support and guidance.
About Silver Generation Office
SGO, previously known as Pioneer Generation Office, was set up in August 2014 as a community-based organisation which oversees senior engagement. In 2018, SGO merged with the Agency for Integrated Care (AIC) to reach out to caregivers and seniors with information on staying active and ageing well, and connect people to Community Care services they need. SGO has over 3,000 SG Ambassadors, who undergo training which not only equip them with knowledge about policies and schemes, but also soft skills to help them better connect with seniors.