Bone Marrow Donor Programme
The Bone Marrow Donor Programme (BMDP) is set up in 1993 to help patients with blood diseases such as Leukaemia, Lymphoma and other blood disorders. Blood disease can strike anyone without warning and for many patients, a bone marrow transplant may be their last chance at survival. At the BMDP, we manage a register of volunteer donors and help patients look for a bone marrow match so that they can have a second lease on life.
As a BMDP volunteer, you can be involved in
- Event Based Roles:
- Engage & educate the public in schools, companies and roadshows, spreading the word of our cause and recruiting donors into our register
- Be our mystery shopper to ensure the quality of our partner fundraisers
- Service Based Roles:
- Deliver life-saving stem cells.
- Contact donors who are found to be a match to the patients
- Visit our donors during their donation to ensure they are feeling fine and are satisfied with the process
- Project Based Roles:
- Graphic Designers: Production of in-house newsletters, EDMs and publications.
- Office Admin Work: Data entry, coding and packing for swab processing
- Call donors for follow ups
- Photographer / Videographer: Assist in our public campaigns and events.
Other skill-based talents can also be considered. To sign up as a volunteer, contact Angela 6916 0370 (ext 714) or email email@example.com